Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oldies Reunion Dance

I don't know where to start as Linda & I were so overwhelmed by the turnout. We really worked hard trying to get the old committee members together and spent many hours calling, mailing, emailing. blogging etc. It certainly was worth it in the end. I will post once or twice a week to try to remember going down memory lane.

First, we want to thank Joe Loverde for his help & support. Thank you to Joe Kozak for helping us at the front collecting tickets.

I was happy to meet Linda Conn Adari and see her reminiscing with Concetta, Linda Russo & Shirley Temus. I was so happy to see Betty Weise & Ronnie Buttermeyer who traveled from Florida to be with us. I remember Ronnie used to ride home with a group of us on the #22 bus to Highlandtown/Canton area. Ronnie & Betty met again later in life and married. I love these get togethers!

It was great seeing Adam (from Florida), Carl Parks, Rich & Gladys Covert,Jeanne & Joe Wytusiak, Eddie Gatton, Charlie & Colleen Lopresto, John Curreri, Lola & Angie Cantela, Frank Insigna, Lou & Bonnie Matassa, Frani Maxwell & John Frederick, Lou Sonny Linn, Mary & George Layfield, Vicki Defeo Burley, Concetta & John Sankonis, Anne & Rich Tempera, Joanne Dudeck, Billy & Mary Givens.

I'll add more names this week. Thank you everyone and just remember to keep our next date open.

OLDIES REUNION DANCE: SEPTEMBER 18, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment